Revive Our Hearts posted this to their Facebook page yesterday:
Jesus' prayer from John 17: “I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work You gave Me to do.” Jesus didn’t try to do everything, and we shouldn’t either. All we have to do is the work God assigns us. What a freedom it is to know that there’s enough time to do everything that’s on God’s to-do list for my day!
What an amazing insight. How many times do I get frustrated with myself that I can't DO more? It was a beautiful day when I accepted that my home, my husband, and my children were MY ministry for this season in my life. Sure, there will be times when I minister to others outside of our home, but these will be my priority. I still struggle with my inability to help/volunteer more at times, BUT I can't do everything- and that is a beautiful thing.
God has called me to a purpose that will glorify Him. He has called each person in the body of Christ to a different purpose- some will minister as missionaries evangelizing both home and abroad, some will pastor, some will teach, etc. My purpose, for now, is to teach and love my children, love my husband, make my home a safe place for my family and my friends, and to do all those things to HIS glory, not my own.
Jesus' prayer from John 17: “I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work You gave Me to do.” Jesus didn’t try to do everything, and we shouldn’t either. All we have to do is the work God assigns us. What a freedom it is to know that there’s enough time to do everything that’s on God’s to-do list for my day!
What an amazing insight. How many times do I get frustrated with myself that I can't DO more? It was a beautiful day when I accepted that my home, my husband, and my children were MY ministry for this season in my life. Sure, there will be times when I minister to others outside of our home, but these will be my priority. I still struggle with my inability to help/volunteer more at times, BUT I can't do everything- and that is a beautiful thing.
God has called me to a purpose that will glorify Him. He has called each person in the body of Christ to a different purpose- some will minister as missionaries evangelizing both home and abroad, some will pastor, some will teach, etc. My purpose, for now, is to teach and love my children, love my husband, make my home a safe place for my family and my friends, and to do all those things to HIS glory, not my own.

